Join Galway Theatre Festival Team!
An unmissable opportunity to be part of the vibrant creativity that makes Galway the cultural capital of the West!
We are looking for a competent Digital Marketing Manager to develop and implement the festival communications strategy, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
Digital Marketing Manager will manage the Festival Social Media and assist with audience development. The candidate will also assist with some PR tasks (ie. photo-op, interviews…).
Deadline for Applications is 27th February 2019 (5pm).
About Galway Theatre Festival
Galway Theatre Festival features 9 days of exciting theatre, circus, spectacle, and storytelling, showcasing the vibrant performance culture of Ireland’s festival city. The goal of Galway Theatre Festival is to bring a fresh and lively programme of performance to the streets and venues of Galway, evoking a raw energy and adventurous spirit in our audiences. Now in its 11th year, Galway Theatre Festival draws on Galway’s unique theatrical heritage, and is one of Ireland’s only festivals dedicated to theatre and performance. The Festival provides a platform for national artists and artists based in the West of Ireland, bringing together a high-quality programme that showcases the best and newest talents in theatre, spectacle, circus, storytelling and immersive performance.
As Festival Digital Marketing Manager you’ll be in charge of developing and implementing communication and marketing strategy in collaboration with Artistic Director. Your goal will be raising awareness around the festival itself, and also advertising over 15 individual shows.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategy to raise Festival visibility and audience awareness.
- Gathering and creating content for Social Media and Website: liaising with Artists, Festival Team to ensure shows and sponsors’ visibility
- Managing the Festival Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Create a Social Media Calendar covering the following period: March 25th - May 20th
- Manage the roll-out of posts according to the social media calendar
- Manage and Run Google Ad and Facebook Ad campaign
- Manage social media budget ad campaign budget
- Organising and Managing Facebook Live for the Programme Launch (25th March) & Festival Opening (May 3rd)
- Organising interviews and Photo-Op with artists.
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Advertise the festival and over 15 individual shows
- Proven experience in Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Experience in running a Marketing Campaign and in Media Relations
- Ability to create engaging marketing materials and content
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns and Facebook campaign.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools ( Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager… )
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities, and able to work to a schedule
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral report
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with a diverse range of people
- Capacity to inspire and motivate others
- Spoken and written Irish a plus
Working hours & Salary
Start Date: Week of March 11th 2019 - End Date: May 25th 2019.
Part-time freelance position with flexible hours, Full time during the Festival (3rd-11th May). Freelance, may work remotely and must own a laptop.
Fee: € 2000
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email galwaytheatrefestival(at)gmail.com with a copy of your CV and a short cover letter for the attention of Ms. Sorcha Keane.
Deadline for Applications is 27th February 2019 (5pm). Interview will be held on 6th March 2019.